Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Let see some transitional DS's (old or new acquisitions).
Here is mine. 1949 Dual tone, early Coltwood grips, old style frame, newer ramp front sight, smooth trigger and short lived ejector rod tip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
My collection of '48 "transition" Dual Tone Detective Specials with the "old style" frame and a variety of barrel stampings/front sight configurations:
IMG_5816.JPG IMG_5861.JPG IMG_5862.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Borderline "Rare", but definitely not a commonly seen caliber. Gary Peer estimated a couple hundred produced but I believe the number to be higher than that.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Nice one b-mann1!

Here is a question, speaking of transitional... When did the change from a checkered hammer to a serrated hammer take place? My '49 DS and my '49 PPS have checkered hammer in the 539k serial range, but I just scored a '50 in the 541k serial number range that has a serrated hammer.

·
Read Only
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited by Moderator)
Nice one b-mann1!

Here is a question, speaking of transitional... When did the change from a checkered hammer to a serrated hammer take place? My '49 DS and my '49 PPS have checkered hammer in the 539k serial range, but I just scored a '50 in the 541k serial number range that has a serrated hammer.
My 49 that is posted on the 1st post is sn 516803 and it has a serrated hammer and trigger.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts