Registered
2,371 Posts
Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
IMG_6042.jpg

IMG_6047.jpg
My Christmas Day gun. He only makes it out once a year to get some sunlight.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Smith & Wesson Mountain Gun .44 magnum, engraved by Bill Johns in 2007. He'd asked me if I would share what I knew with my custom western hat making, as he'd bought some hat making equipment and didn't know much about what to do with it? After 4 days he said that he needed to offer me something for my time n' knowledge (I was sharing, didn't expect anything back). He offered to engrave the Mountain Gun in exchange. I accepted his offer.
Carried it afield for several years and it is accurate - 4 5-shot groups at 25 yards from a rest, averaged 1 1/4", 250 gr at 950 fps in .44 mag brass.
Gifted it to my son for his Father's Day 5 years ago. His wife was so taken by it . . . I think she's claimed half!!

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks. Been a pleasure to have had a few nice 1911s in the shop over the years :) Some I built for myself and just never liked them enough to hold on to them. Others were done for customers. I still like looking at the pictures when ever I have an excuse.

Cozmo, “shop”? Do you have a gun shop? If so, may I ask where? I travel a lot and may have to visit, as it seems you and I like a lot of the same things.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Purty leather for a proper BBQ gun has to be mandatory doesn't it? Seems from my perspective that some have mistaken the definition of a proper BBQ and what was accepted. My long understanding, nickel plate at the very least, (not chrome or stainless, but Gold or silver plate is acceptable) some sort of fancy grips, silver, pewter, pearl or ivory (not sure stag even fits). Guns are generally engraved...not some engraving, but fully C at the very least generally more is better. Not your every day work gun no matter how fancy but a proper gun for a fancy social occasion.

Not trying to demean anyone's choice here of a BBQ gun. Just don't think some represent the actual definition of a proper BBQ gun.

Two that might..but just barely if it aint a Sunday BBQ :)

And a proper Sunday BBQ gun in the Texas tradition. Just not sure how one might carry that dang thing.
Purty leather for a proper BBQ gun has to be mandatory doesn't it? Seems from my perspective that some have mistaken the definition of a proper BBQ and what was accepted. My long understanding, nickel plate at the very least, (not chrome or stainless, but Gold or silver plate is acceptable) some sort of fancy grips, silver, pewter, pearl or ivory (not sure stag even fits). Guns are generally engraved...not some engraving, but fully C at the very least generally more is better. Not your every day work gun no matter how fancy but a proper gun for a fancy social occasion.

Not trying to demean anyone's choice here of a BBQ gun. Just don't think some represent the actual definition of a proper BBQ gun.

Two that might..but just barely if it aint a Sunday BBQ :)

Cozmo, who made the holster for the 1911?

241 - 260 of 289 Posts