·
Registered
89 Posts
You can see some pics of the original here:

Here's mine

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks Mike for the detail picture, Harton did a nice intricate design for the cylinder lock system. I like your octagon barrel, I think it looks good on a flat top Colt. I also have a flat top 51/2" barrel in 357 cal. I got it new when they game out. Only fired 45 rounds in it. As of now it is being engraved will have to show it when it's done.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi ARKIA, yes it does look like the engravers used the wolf head. That is a nice set of COLTS you have.
Valade signed his name on the ejector housing, my S/N is 57311SA.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Looking at those cap guns reminded me of a plastic kit gun I put together almost 65 years ago. It was a very realistic looking 7 1/2" Colt SAA .45 colt.
Probably bought and put it together about 1954. Think it had ivory looking
plastic grips. Except for durability it looked like a exact replica clone.
Any of you guys recall seeing one?

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
To me, the coolest was the Shootin' Shell "45"
About 1954 I got a sort of underground comic book with a article in it on how to make knuckles out of milk can handles. There was a ad that offered to sell deactivated Thompson machine guns in the front of the magazine and in the back of the magazine was a ad that said, "New barrels for your Thompson!". Sure wish I had saved that comic book! Probably would bring a lot of money today. Anyone else ever see a magazine or comic book like that? I had a uncle that was a world war two vet and liked to read comic books and we traded him. I recall my dad berating him one time for still reading comic books at his age. Also recall a old friend of mine that was a backseat gunner on a plane in the Pacific.
He said he flew with a pilot that would read comic books on long patrols
and have him do the flying while he read comics!

281 - 300 of 321 Posts