Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at an OP that has significant side play, i.e. pressure on the left side of the cylinder pushes the crane out away from the frame. Worn ratchet? Latch pin? How much play is too much? I can't seem to find this in Kuhnhausen's manual, if you know where it is, tell me the page number!

Bryan

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
No expert here, but I don't find mention either. Seems like about zero is desirable. Also agree that worn ratchet or pin could do it or even worn pin channel in the frame. Is the pin loose in the channel so it can move sideways? I also have different diameter pins that were supposedly for the same model. Check that the pin seems to be the right diameter for the ratchet and channel in general. Perhaps someone replaced it. Also, does the pin project enough from the frame to bottom in the ratchet securely? Sure you will get additional responses. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Check everything that A1A said,but it could also be a bent crane. If this OP,is an ex cops' gun,it might have been used in a "close encounter". ie; a human skull will bend a crane!

Bud

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
The hole in the center of the ratchet and the center pin are probaqbly both worn, but it is not too important since the design of the mechanism forces the cylinder into the frame and holds it tight when firing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts