Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Half of that was cut off for some reason -

Just taken my colt apart for the first time and found this S on the barrel is there any significance to it
Thanks in advance
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
"chometank", your revolver looks pretty nice, can you post more pictures of the Colt address and the patent dates?

Is the action in time and operating correctly? The Nickel plating appears to be an early aftermarket as the Hammer appears to have been plated. These ols 1st gen revolvers are my favorite!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi hwjhfs, thank you .
Yes Abwehr , will post some more pics soon ( 5 am here and the Mrs will wonder what ilm up to rustling around in the safe ! )
I ordered a colt letter and it said the nickel was factory applied , the good folk here t old me my hammer was a replacement as the finish was so good compared to the rest of the gun.
In my limited knowledge of colt revolvers it appears to be in time as everything lines up as it should when cocked and fired.
Cheers Paul

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The barrel address is very very faint but if you squint you just might see it !
Cheers

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Paul,

Thanks for the photos, they are great. I make terrible pictures myself, but you did really good. Your Colt is a Beauty; I like that type that shows use and from the light stampings on the address, it has been wiped a lot to keep it from rusting from the weather, handling, dust & dirt, etc. This shows the revolver was used and for many years. I like nice looking old Colts, but the SAA revolver was a tool and the wear shows it was taken care of!!!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Abwehr, i hope this one is the first of many to come.
Although there is not a lot of the 1st generation here in Oz they are here and are usually tucked away in someones collection , i guess some were brought over by our US brothers during one of the later gold rushes here.
Thanks for the reply
Cheers Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts