Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After reading a recent thread, I thought why not list a favorite pistol released or born in the same year of your birth.

OK Me first....

1955 - Colt Python

Not a 1955 but a Python

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
23 years after my birth, but the target is dated on the month and day of my birth. So, I guess you could say, this 1968 Trooper breathed its first breaths on the same month and day as I did; October 24th. The target date is the main reason I bought this NIB Colt Trooper.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
A couple of years ago at a local gun show, I happened to be looking at an old S&W Model 2 Number 2 .38. It didn't function properly and I started to put it down when the seller mentioned that he had a factory letter for it. Well, I took a look at the letter and it was shipped on my birthday, 1878 to an individual in MN with a box of 50 cartridges, for $13.67 including express charges. Needless to say, I bought it for a song. 1 in 365 odds! Not my favorite gun by any means, but I had to have it after reading the letter.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I've got a Remington 760 pump in 30-06 - Well I was going to sell it and started researching the serial # for it's date of Manufacture. Well it turned out to have been made in Nov. of 1952 - I was born Dec. of 1952 - So since it was so close to my birthdate I still have it. And it shoots pretty darn good.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I posted this once before in a different thread,I'm probably the only person on this site that has a 1st gen,SA that was made the same year as I was.It's a 44 spcl 4 3/4. It's in better shape than I am.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
In 1956, two great things happened. I was born, and Colt reintroduced the Single Action Army :D

John Gross

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I was born in a Colt transitional year for certain models 1949 and have yet to find THE COLT made that year I "have to have". I do, however, own Colts with DOB of my wife and my graduation from high school.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
well.. I did have to buy a gun because the serial number was 00069.. my birthdate year. i'm much older than the gun in this case. I looked at it like I didn't have to pay extra for a specialized serial number:cool:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
MY '52 Cobra .38 Spl. My 1st choice for CCW.

Reactions: Malysh
1 - 13 of 13 Posts