Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
W.E.Coyote Acme Computer Genius
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking I'm not the only one that gets Silly Gun Related Gifts, Show yours Here!

My Worst gift is this.

With my Russian Blue Cat "Smokey" Even He Can't look at it!

Lets see yours, I would like to see if there are worse ones out there. :)

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Thinking I'm not the only one that gets Silly Gun Related Gifts, Show yours Here!

My Worst gift is this.

With my Russian Blue Cat "Smokey" Even He Can't look at it!

Lets see yours, I would like to see if there are worse ones out there. :)

I've got one of these hanging from the ceiling over my toilet.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Matt, I use to have a couple of those Winchester lighters like yours. Maybe I still do. Is yours re-fillable?

·
W.E.Coyote Acme Computer Genius
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes & she also gave me the revolver toilet paper holder like the one posted by DJ Dave which is use daily.
I knew I was not the only one. :) (my Sister is the guilty party on my end.)

I also have the Winchester Lighter as well.
There are whole sets of those Lighters, I know there's a M16 as well.

The Bullet Knife You got me on. That's one I do not have.

Maybe next year....LOL

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
OK I can play this game.....this is silly to everyone but me....a RARE RUGER Breast plate drill....

Yes The RUGER CORP made tools before they made guns and this is 1 of 5 or so known....never though I would own one...

I have stick drills, "pistol" drills, "Yankee" screwdrivers, and Brace drills but was sure I would never own one of these....mission accomplished...

I had given up looking on ebay till my son sent me the link to this one asking if I might be interested.....WOO HOO HECK YES.....RR

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
So THAT's what that thing was. Thanks Jim.

I must be gettin' thicker than an unwanted stump. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what that thing was.

Now I know, and like you hinted, Jim, useful, and in use every day.

Bud

Yes & she also gave me the revolver toilet paper holder like the one posted by DJ Dave which is use daily.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Fantastic acquisition! Can you show pictures with any Ruger markings? Also, wasn't this somehow used by Bill Ruger in the original design of the grip angle for the famous little .22s?? I thought I remembered reading that somewhere....

OK I can play this game.....this is silly to everyone but me....a RARE RUGER Breast plate drill....

Yes The RUGER CORP made tools before they made guns and this is 1 of 5 or so known....never though I would own one...

I have stick drills, "pistol" drills, "Yankee" screwdrivers, and Brace drills but was sure I would never own one of these....mission accomplished...

I had given up looking on ebay till my son sent me the link to this one asking if I might be interested.....WOO HOO HECK YES.....RR

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Fantastic acquisition! Can you show pictures with any Ruger markings? Also, wasn't this somehow used by Bill Ruger in the original design of the grip angle for the famous little .22s?? I thought I remembered reading that somewhere....
well the "grip frame" for the drill is the same as the pistol he was developing.....I believe an order was placed for 50K of each pressed steel half that were then welded together...do you think he was going to make 50K drills ???? I think WBR had other plans up his sleeve....he just needed a cash infusion from his friend Alexander Strum.....a measly 50K loan....and we now know the rest of the story....RR

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
If I saw this thing at the flea market I'd buy it in a second BEFORE I realized it was made my Ruger. What a Flash Gordon looking tooll!
Me too....I have never stumbled upon any of the RUGER tools at any flea market.....I always pay too much on Ebay....almost 20 years of looking and not once have I found one in the "WILD".....RR

1 - 20 of 23 Posts