·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed. There are a lot of markings that appear to have been scrubbed, perhaps all of them. The slide address, model marking, entire serial number and prefix, etc.
Looks like someone got a new engraver for Christmas. ;)

It's not often one gets the opportunity to pay that much for a chance to possess contraband. You know, once all the markings are removed, you can make it anything you want! :) Grips aren't right, either. I remember looking at that gun before. I guess if you can't make enough money selling a bad one the first time, you can always sell it again.

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Do you guys feel the auction house is being an accessory to fraud? In a criminal case a forensic expert with the help of a State Lab could probably prove the removal of the markings. I would expect Julia's and RIA would know how to spot what Scott and you guys see.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Do you guys feel the auction house is being an accessory to fraud? In a criminal case a forensic expert with the help of a State Lab could probably prove the removal of the markings. I would expect Julia's and RIA would know how to spot what Scott and you guys see.
"Professionally refinished or restored" Translates into: "Caveat Emptor"

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Professionally refinished or restored" Translates into: "Caveat Emptor"
Which raises another question....does disclosing it is refinished justify the removal of a serial number or exclude it from being regarded as contraband? I think not, but apparently some sellers do.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts