Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
A little crazy but not rich. I wish that I was crazy rich, I'd love to have it. Not sure I needed to see pictures of the plastic case though.:p

Reactions: sublimert70

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've got nothing to contribute to this is an interesting thread, except that SINGERs are a bit like FERRARI cars, so far way from my league but still a beauty to look at.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I understand rarity, desirability, and wanting to own something no one else owns but the first bid is over 25 times more than I paid for my first car!
More than 75 times the price of my first car.
Man, you guys were a couple of high-rollers! That opening bid is 160 times what I paid for my first car!

Reactions: OD* and sublimert70

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Mine was 800 times less,...however, in inflation adjusted cost it was $406.00, that is just 98.5 times in 2021 dollars. (Most likely, it will Not Sell for the opening Bid.)

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Looks like that one just came out of the woodwork. A little rough around the edges, but looks original.
Yes Jonny is correct it did just come out of the woodwork I did not have it in my database Singer # S00036 may be on the market soon as well , I have not seen it yet but it was reported to me and hope to see it soon .

·
Registered
72 Posts
May be my ??monitor?? But the serial number and S.Mfg seems to appear very sharp and more like engraved rather than roll marks. Specifically I was looking for the last three digits to have that “odometer” alignment. These do not and appear too squared away. Might be they were just touched up. Hard to say without handling.

It’s also a newbie on my data base.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Yes Jonny is correct it did just come out of the woodwork I did not have it in my database Singer # S00036 may be on the market soon as well , I have not seen it yet but it was reported to me and hope to see it soon .
Several years back number 36 was in one of the Hermann Historica catalogs. Don't remember if it was an auction or for sale, but a very bad fake. It brings up the possibility that there may be two S800036 pistols.

I see nothing wrong with the Singer in the original post.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts