Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't Colt make single actions?

If you have a favorite, why not post a picture?

[image]
[/image]
2nd Gen New Frontier SAA, .45 Colt

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dux. Gun handles and shoots like a dream.

Anyone else have SA pictures that they would like to share? I always enjoy looking at 'thumbusters.'

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
here`s my 1979 .44 spl, i have the box somewhere as i bought it new. the holsters are a matched pr. i almost finnished today for a fellow in northern ill. who has a pr. of 3.5 in guns.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My newest favorite paper puncher. 45 cal peacemaker.

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
1968 mfg . I've put maybe 1000 rds through it since buying it used 25 yrs ago . One of my favorite handguns . /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
106 Posts
Let dig this thread back up.....

I found this Colt New Frontier, and had to have it.

44 Special, with extra cylinder for 44-40.

7.5 inch barrel.

Real spotless gun.

In these pics it is wearing some jigged bone grips by Buffalo Bros.

I also have the original Colt grips.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice guns guys.

Keep the pictures coming. We need to compete with the 'Python Showroom.' /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
946 Posts

A now 44 special, originaly 44/40 4 3/4" sent to copper queen mine, bisbee ariz in 1906. Was converted with colt parts in 1950s or 60s by gun writer tommy bish and probley al capone of king gun works.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Already posted in another thread, but why not?

Shipped July 3, 1890:

Old v. New (sort of) /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
420 Posts
Beautiful SAA. Looks like everything is original, including wood grips for the military. I wonder what battles it might have been in? Any idea where it was shipped to? Rick.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Here's my first SAA. Engraved at the Custom Shop by Jan Gwinnell.

I'm working on my photo skills. Please be patient. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
962 Posts
Always enjoy looking at SAA's. Weagle's 5.5" NF is my idea of near-perfect form and function, and SA's engraved gun is "just right" in the amount and style of engraving. Beautiful!

·
Registered
400 Posts
SA99054,

Very nice SAA. Here's what's happening with the close up or macro photography you're doing of it. The apparature that the camera is choosing is a very open one. I.E. the F-stop is at a very low number this means that the depth of field is very narrow. When shooting macro this is very easy to do. If your camera has an apparature priority mode pick an F-Stop such as F8 or F11. You'll need either more flash power or available light but you'll have the entire revolver in focus not just portions of it.

Dave

1 - 20 of 22 Posts