Colt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
No where even remotely close to a record. I've posted "I'll take it" in the same minute a Python Elite was listed for sale about 2 years ago.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
Marc knows I watch the USFA's and I know he watches everything! I saw he got a gunslinger at a real good price recently.. Considering current market. By the time I'm unsnapping to unholster my wallet, he's fired his wallet, reholstered, and ..most importantly, able to have it reloaded and waiting for the next round. I am finding that I carry a single shot to the shoot out.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Yesterday I saw one of these, in lesser condition, in an area gun shop tagged at $8500. No box or anything, scuffed up just a little bit. Asked the clerk who was showing me something else if it was really $8500 and he said yes, that's what thery're selling for "on the internet".

Apparantly you beat "the internet" price by a considerable margin.

Enjoy your new to you revolver.
rayb

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Yesterday I saw one of these, in lesser condition, in an area gun shop tagged at $8500. No box or anything, scuffed up just a little bit. Asked the clerk who was showing me something else if it was really $8500 and he said yes, that's what thery're selling for "on the internet".

Apparantly you beat "the internet" price by a considerable margin.

Enjoy your new to you revolver.
rayb
I bet I know the shop you're talkin about if it begins with the letter after your name, alphabetically that is....huh? huh? ;) Course I haven't been up that way for ages but due back in November for the ole doctor deal.

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
Yesterday I saw one of these, in lesser condition, in an area gun shop tagged at $8500. No box or anything, scuffed up just a little bit. Asked the clerk who was showing me something else if it was really $8500 and he said yes, that's what thery're selling for "on the internet".Apparantly you beat "the internet" price by a considerable margin.Enjoy your new to you revolver.rayb
That's one thing the internet has accomplished...everyone can see when a buyer has paid too much. Sometimes it may create a sort of artificial higher value, sometimes others just realize somebody was foolish with a purchase, and other times it establishes a more true price because of rarity and demand. It's a roller coaster akin to the stock markets almost. Skill, work, and luck.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Thanks '68', i did hesitate for about a minute or two hoping some one would beat me to it,but i could not take it any longer

& pulled the trigger:rolleyes::p i think it will be a good one
I was on that Thread the same minute it posted and had "I'll take it" typed and was going to hit the enter key when lucidity returned and I backed out of the thread. I'd have smoked the previous "record" and would be dipping into the gun procurement account. You can thank they gentleman that sold me a Series 70 for my reluctance to add another Colt as quickly as I wanted ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.