Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if any of you members remember this quirky TV comedy from the mid 80s starring David Rasche as a Dirty Harry type cop who worshipped his .44 Magnum. To be truthful, the gun was probably the star of the show. Figured some of you may remember it. I still think upon fondly of the episode where he attached a "loudener" to the barrel instead of a silencer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have both seasons on DVD as well! Nice write up George. Always will have fond memories watching the show with my dad as we laughed our butts of every week. "Trust me...I know what I'm doing!"

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
bonehica:U created a monster by posting this when u did because I had to wait until today for my daughter to get here so she could buy the complete set for me on this "evil machine" because I don't do"compuker" well @ all.Thanks for posting I'm looking forward to seeing this again.By the way I remembered something else that I used to tell my ex- wife back then"trust me I know what I'm doing"

·
Registered
378 Posts
I went to YouTube and watched a bit of the pilot episode, until it hung up. It definitely is a S&W Model 629 .44. That's interesting because I have a distinct memory of the gun being shown in the credits as having a tapered barrel like a S&W Model 27 .357, and even remember thinking at the time that it was a bit odd that they would have a "Dirty Harry" type character and not have him carry a .44 Magnum.

As my wife says, I shouldn't believe everything I think.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks....an episode that was quite "dramatic" is when he lost his gun!
He lost his gun and his replacement gun was some tiny little thing that he shot at a bad guy and nothing happened. Hammer then walked over and picked up the bullets he fired! They went about 5 feet! He was not happy!! He had a little holster taped to his normal holster for it. OH good memories!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.