Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Not a sleeper anymore! I've been bidding against the high bidder and now all the profit is gone out of it, on to the next one!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Man, they bid these Pythons and Anacondas up like they are made of gold...I am looking for the ones in Colt that will trail along with the big boys...Afterall, some models will skyrocket and once they hit their plateau, the money will gravitate toward other models....I am buying little respected orphans in 95% up, preferably in in their original boxes. Who knows? This is the key to investment; finding the next real sleepers...:cool:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Man, they bid these Pythons and Anacondas up like they are made of gold... This is the key to investment; finding the next real sleepers...:cool:
The "sleepers" are the look a like Pythons: Trooper mk V's & King Cobra's (who's prices have been on the rise). If folks can't afford a Python they'll get a look a like. Early Troopers, Model 357's, will most likely be more like the Officer's Model Target and Matches. They have an "old" and dated style/look and once someone harvests the original stocks to sell as "Python stocks" they are a hard sell. Great quality revolver but most buyers seem to be buying on looks. If it's got a vented rib or a full underlug, the prices will continue to rise until (and if) Colt introduces a model into production and drops the bottom out of the collector market like they did with the .380 mustang.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
The Officer Models are already creeping up there! As is almost anything Colt, at least they're trying to!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
There is a fine looking Colt Officers Match 38 $575 in the Cabelas Gun Library. Considered it heavily for that price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts