Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old woodsman match target fails to lock on last round...anything to look for first? The empty mag pushes up the lever but not after shooting the mag empty.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Perhaps weak mag spring or binding follower. Maybe stretch the spring a little and try it.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
you might also try a different mag. if you have one or can borrow one, may just be lube buildup inside the mag. .22`s are outside lubricated and it will work down inside the mag.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On five separate Woodsman Match Targets (Series II and III) I have experienced the problem of the slide not locking back on the last round. I tried over a dozen mags (including brand new ones) and still had the same problem. I finally resorted to replacing the recoil springs with Wolfe recoil springs and that resolved the problem every time. Once the recoil spring was replaced the problem was resolved no matter which magazines I used (old or new).

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Good feedback. I suggested the stretch so not to be a saleman for Wolff although I use their springs too. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts