Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I am happy with this purchase.

This “redo” on the finish is a puzzle though.

The underlying metal looks OK. So, why did a previous owner buff it into oblivion???

The floor is open for comment.

Best,
Charles

Attachments

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
While I'd prefer a pitted rough original finish to what you have here, this gun in that condition probably got you a fantastic defense gun and most likely a great price. Basically a heavy barrel model 10 with a longer cylinder. And stronger steel most likely. I just put Uncle Mike's compact rubber "boot grips" on my three incher. Like your grips, nothing pretentious, just practical grips for a working gun.

·
Banned
8,448 Posts
As others have opined...looks are one thing, function is another.

It's a S&W K Frame in .357 Magnum...and it will serve you well.

Enjoy her !!

I own a factory nickeled S&W M13-3 with a 3" bull barrel...carried by a Philly PD Detective as a quick "reload" to his issued S&W M10.

It has the smoothest DA trigger of all my revolvers...and I still carry it on occasion.

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
A shop I used to use had the contract for refinishing several departments' service pieces - all the departments wanted was new-looking sidearms, not 'restored' ones, so they buffed the beejeezus out of them, lubed them and fitted them with Mershon and Pachmayr grips, and they did the work for minimum cost and 'other valuable considerations.

To whit- new-purchase stuff came through them, and they also got all of the confiscated stuff to dispose of...

Times changed, so did policies - so they got the destruction contract in lieu of the confiscated stuff, and they stripped 'everything' and sold it all but the frame/receivers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts