Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent one of my wife's DS's in to Colt for a trigger job. Her other DS has a great smooth feel and she wanted them both to be the same. I followed all the instructions online but have to admit their customer service reply system could use some updating. I have confirmation from FedEx they received the gun but nothing from Colt yet because they use USPS to let the customer know it arrived, they've inspected it and estimated costs for requested service. Yes, USPS/snailmail. Hey Colt, there's this really cool thing out there now called "email". Honest. It's really neat and makes communication faster, more efficient and economical. Okay, so much for tongue in cheek but really... snailmail?

·
Registered
242 Posts
This is a 19th century company.Be thankful the pony express no longer exists, I'm sure they were a good customer back in the day.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Actually....I like this. it is another paper item to add with the gun for future collectors to enjoy. I have old paper from Colt and Winchester detailing repairs and parts ordered etc. Seriously, I like this. Keep the snailmail letter in the original envelpoe with the gun manual, box etc.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
I'm having some difficulty following this concern....Official Colt Documentation to support established protocol. :confused:

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Actually....I like this. it is another paper item to add with the gun for future collectors to enjoy. I have old paper from Colt and Winchester detailing repairs and parts ordered etc. Seriously, I like this. Keep the snailmail letter in the original envelpoe with the gun manual, box etc.
You could print an E-mail containing the same information! :)

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I thought I heard on some other threads that Colt would call with the price and you could then pay with a credit card? Or did I misunderstand that??

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
I thought I heard on some other threads that Colt would call with the price and you could then pay with a credit card? Or did I misunderstand that??
If I understand you correctly - yes. When I requested the letter for my 1944 Army Intel. D.S., I called and spoke with Beverly Haynes. She took the request, special info I wanted, and my C.C. info. About 10 days later I got a postcard from Colt informing me of the estimated time it would take to get my letter.

I saved the postcard with the Colt Historical letter. I figured it belonged with the letter and the gun.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Broknaxl: from my understanding in talking with one of the Colt customer service folks, they send out the letter then I can call and pay via credit card. Some of the comments about the "official" Colt letter does sound cool and worth keeping. But yes, I'm glad the Pony Express is no longer in use; my wife wants her gun back. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
You can't wait 2 or 3 days for a letter to be delivered? What's the hurry, is it her only gun?

I imagine you could buy Colt if you'd like to run the company. ;) Speaking of tongue on cheek.

·
Colt Forum Friend
265 Posts
We have many many customers without email, and sometimes those with email do not provide it. Kid also has the main point as customers like the hard copy documentation.
Brent

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Yea I guess we take e-mail for granted, especially those of us that use these forums.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Send me the documentation in an envelope with a stamp.

I suppose Colt could ask the question "Are you in too big a hurry to wait 3-4 days for a card informing you your letter,repair, or special order will take anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months." Then, if you answer yes, they could e-mail the same information.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts