Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen recent sale prices (not asking prices) on 'Snake Eyes' sets?

Understand they should have viewing case, locking wood box, 2 sets cards, 2 dice, 2 std. brown boxes w/ std. period Colt paperwork- anything else?

What was the original MSRP? Special order, or in gunshops back then?

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
I sold a NIB set last summer for $12k. Prices are most likely up since then seeing the recent run up in Pythons.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Should have maroon boxes with yellow labels. The most recent set sold was in the last year for $12000.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should have maroon boxes with yellow labels. The most recent set sold was in the last year for $12000.
Thanks, Scott.
So, a collector premium of 3-3.5K for a complete set, over the value of the revolvers then.
Worth it , CF members?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I think that anything under $11k for a complete NIB set is a good price. Below $10k is a great price. I would say considering the prices 2.5" pythons are currently selling for, a 3k to 3.5k premium is accurate. They only made 500 sets and IMO they are the second most desired set after the Boas.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have been watching the prices of these and it seems they are consistently selling around $12,000. Unless you get lucky like Keystone!

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Snake Eyes owners-

Does the lighted display box sit up on its side w/ revolvers in it, or on its back?
Battery powered lights, or electrical outlet powered?
Is there a separate presentation box ?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Could someone post a pic of the snubbies mounted in the case?Want to see how they are supported.
OK, could someone direct me to a pic of what the hangers in the case are supposed to look like then?

Seeing clear hangers, black hangers, missing hangers in various photos so far.

One on GB now has missing hangers possibly?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
OK, could someone direct me to a pic of what the hangers in the case are supposed to look like then?Seeing clear hangers, black hangers, missing hangers in various photos so far.One on GB now has missing hangers possibly?
This is a link to a pic of the box with the correct hangers. They are a clear plastic/lucite type material:Cased Pair of Colt Python "Snake Eyes" Double Action Revolvers with Boxes -A) Bright Stainless Colt Python "Snake Eyes" Double Action Revolver

1 - 20 of 21 Posts