Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching the Snake Eyes set on GB -------curious that there are NO bids-----------is it that the pricing is wrong (too high )---or just because it is a lot of money ---When it was listed ,I assumed it would sell in 2 minutes and yet, no bids -----------I was tempted .......but thought maybe not worth that kind of money?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Snake Eyes are as pretty as they come… However, this yahoo is asking for a ton of scratch (maybe he would consider a 1st born child / a Rolls Royce / or the Winchester Mansion in trade)!!! Lets face it,,, The dude that sold the pair of Boa’s received over 8K for them, so why should some other greedy SOB be any different… Don’t get me wrong, but I think / know that this is B_LL SH__T…

So if I understand this correctly,,, If I were to sell my root-n-shoot-n Jones & Kervanwhich 13 caliber made of balsa wood and in Cambodia I should ask some $5,700 for it to start with a reserve of 27, 975.00??? Now knowing that we know that some BOZO would jump on it???

These Jerks are putting an end to what was fun for us normal folk!!!

Sorry if I am coming across negatively¬Ö

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

·
Registered
778 Posts
Considering the fact that NIB shorty Pythons are selling for over $1,250.00 to $1,500.00 each. I am not sure the price is that far off considering the case, etc, and the fact that they are one of 500, and are discussed on this forum occasionally as being very collectable.

Let face it. Guns in general are going upwards in value at a dizzingly pace. I'll be surprised if they don't sell.

I think the reserve is what is scaring folks off. I don't like reserve auctions!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Well, truthfully, the last 2.5 inch barrel Stainless Python that sold on GB brought $1700. Auction #42766748. It was not even NEW IN BOX. It even had the wrong box. And with the Mint In box Royal Blue ones fetching $1100-$1500. The starting bid at $3400 is a steal. As a matter of fact, I would buy it in a heartbeat at the $3400 even though I already have a few.
I honestly think if they started it at $3000 with no reserve and NO buy it now, the price would have no problem ending in the $4000 and up range. I know I would have bid on it the first day I saw it, which was about 2 hours after they listed it.
They really are beautifully done.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
764 Posts
I had a shot at a set last month at an estate auction, however my tax preparer sent my refund to an old (closed) checking account that he had on file, instead of the new one I have. I wasn't too thrilled with him. Some very nice minty colts, but not enough money.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I think buyers are unsure of "true value". Seldom do they come up for sale and they're not shown in the BB. I wasn't sure myself until I read this post. Jeff knows best as he owns the largest collection.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Could somebody provide the link to GB for me???? Please!! I have the Snake Eyes pistol set and I'd like to see this set!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I found the site myself, thanks anyway!!!

I guess I got a "steal" when I got mine.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Look just above the flag. You can also click on bid history.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I agree on the starting price around $3,200.00, and run for seven days, with a buy now of about $4,150.00, and a reserve if he has to have one of about $3,900.00

I was kind of interested, but the way it was done, kind of put me off. Greedy is what it is! I would guess the reserve to be about $4,300.00.

That set it probably not on most collectors radar screens at that price.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Sorry addicted, you must have misread me.

I know how to read the bids, but there is/was none.

My response was to the comment below.

"I guess I got a "steal" when I got mine."

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts