Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine was in need of some cash, so I picked this up from him a few weeks ago. Wheelguns have never really been my thing, and after taking it to the range, I'm just as convinced that fact remains true.

Quick rundown - per Colt serial lookup, this was originally a 1921 Police Positive Special with 4" barrel. Definitely in shooter-grade condition, but the action is crisp, no wobble no wiggle. Snubbing seems professionally done, and the lack of a front sight points to this being an example of the old 'belly gun'. In trying to value it, I see nicer examples going for ~$550, and rustbuckets going for ~$350, so I'll start the conversation asking $450 right in the middle, plus actual cost of shipping. At some point, I'll update the pictures with ones that show the original patina minus a good chunk of the surface rust, done by hand with a brass brush and heavy oiling to try and preserve what's left. The one pockmark on the cylinder arm seems to be the only spot I could find that had rusted any deeper, though I'll admit I haven't taken the stocks off to investigate underneath.

Reply, PM, I'll take Paypal for payment and have it to your FFL as quickly as I can.

Pictures to follow in 2nd, 3rd, etc... posts

-O_E-

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
That last picture is just to show the shiny barrel bore as best I could. I don't have a snake-cam, so sorry for the awkward angle

O_E

1 - 6 of 6 Posts