I am so envious I could spit.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When were these made and what is their relationship to the "regular" Colt Python snubbies? I used to have a 2" Python until it was stolen in 1990. I yearn for another to keep my 4" company.

Buddy Garrett

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Hey D-BackDick,
No spitting please. (unless it's on someone else's gun) LOL

Buddy, to answer your question, these were only made in 1989 and only 500 sets were made.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Well, here she is. The new addition to my stable. She's a snubbie Python A.K.A. The Colt Snake Eyes.
Here's a couple pics.
The barrel is not marked Python, it is however marked "Snake Eyes".

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
535 Posts
WOW! I've got no spit, I'm so flabbergasted! That is truly beautiful ... Your presentation does the gun justice, too! Nice work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The "relationship" between Jeff's new gun and a regular 2.5" blue Python is that one is worth at least $1K+ more than the other. Great find!

I would have bought a regular 2.5" blue Python at last Saturday's gun show, but due to a highly noticeable dragline (timing problem, plus looks), it took second place to a Gold Cup National Match that I'd been after for awhile. What I'd really like is a 3" Python, which is the most scarce of that line, except for Snake Eyes special editions like Jeff's.

Can't beat that deep royal blue on a Python!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have several of the 2.5" and 3",but I have never seen or heard of this gun. I am truly impressed and envious. Congratulations!
f.t.

[This message has been edited by fat tom (edited 08-29-2004).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts