Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to get another photo host to improve the quality.
sabre. how did you get the gorgeous picture of the DS on the other thresd, care to share your secrets?

Diamondback...1967
Detective Special...1967
S&W M36.......1975

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 12-15-2003).]

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 12-15-2003).]

·
Registered
535 Posts
DB68, Hi!
No help from me for pix - I think you're doin' GREAT! But a question? It seems like the butt shape on the DB 2 1/2" is exactly like the older style DS? Is it an optical thing or am I seeing what I hope I see? (Point being, that's one thing keeps me from buying a DS, is I like the older, longer grip frame and it looks like if you get some skinny DB, "service," stocks, you can recapture it? Yes? Over?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dick,

Thanks for the kind words on my photography! I have been playing with the gun photo posting for a few months now, and there are a few tips I can offer. First off, my camera is a 2 megapixel Canon, it gives very nice color saturation but is nothing special. The first thing to consider is lighting - I use 2 desk/drafing lamps that are easily set in different positions to get lighting but not too much glare. The background also has an effect - you don't want something too light as the gun will appear black and without features. I generally take about 6 pictuers varying the lighting and angle to get a good shot. Finally, I use Corel Photo Paint to adjust the image for brightness, contrast, size & resolution and enhnace the sharpness, this last item is what gives the photo that "reach in the screen and touch the gun" clarity and depth - and is something I discovered only in the last week or so. With your indulgence I'll post the picture in question here as well. Note that huge files are not required - this is a healthy size file at just under 70K bytes, but not a monster by any means!

Thanks again for the compliments, hope I've given at least a little useful info

Bill

[This message has been edited by sabre (edited 12-15-2003).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rcw
Interesting observation on your part.
The DB came that way. The frame length is the same as my DS and either set of stocks will fit, now what I like about the DB "feel" is that the square bottom stocks are a little longer and wider (at the bottom) than the rounded bottom ones and it is just enough room to accomodate my "little pinkie" cause I have rather large hands. A better picture would have shown this and you could measure it on the screen.
So the anwswer is, you can recapture the longer grip with the stocks that came on the DB. So, go out and get that DS and the stocks are readily available at gunshows and on E**y.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 12-16-2003).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sabre

That's what I mean! I gotta get that Corel, in all the posts I have never seen such color photos before. GREAT!

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts