Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As usual since I'm broke and caught up in our silly 1 gun a month program, I find a really nice buy today. A very clean New Service in .38sp. The bluing looks excellent and the stocks look like the day it came off the assembly line. It wears a $699 price tag and I'm fighting temptation to lay it away. I'm waiting shipment of one revolver I just bought, got my eye seriously on another that I'll have to jump on, waiting on the Ruger Limited Bisley in .41mag to hit around here, and now this pops up.
Why was I selected to be poor? I got so many ideas with what to do with money. Guess I'll go back tomorrow and take a good look at the ol Colt.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Majic

You should be so lucky, at least you have a quandry of what to buy first.
I've got some money right now and can't find any thing that really rings my bell, although I am hoping that one particular guy shows up at the Lakeland show this weekend. He has a mint 3" 625 that I may be forced to buy.

Talk about the one that got away, I was at pawnshop just west of here last Wednesday and the guy had let a 8" blue Python in perfect condition go for $300! Quote him (dummy) talking to this dummy...."I didn't have any money in it so I let it go for three hundred, you should have been here yesterday". I think I will stop by that shop more often.

Sorry about your state laws and the wait, I used to live in Maryland, so I know. It's a lot easier down here in FLA., at least for now. Dick

·
Registered
21 Posts
Patience is a virtue. I spend my money and the "real prize" comes up for sale. Having cash on hand is not necessarily a bad thing.

I've joined the poor forever crowd also......and I love it.

Vipereater

·
Registered
535 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joed:
Join the crowd. I used to tell everyone that life cheated me, I should have been born obnoxiously rich.

Anyway, I'm new to Colt revolvers having owned nothing but S&W. Now that I've finally bought a Colt I want more. I'm trying to figure out which one. That's hard to do when you don't know much about their products.

Joed
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can offer my own frustrations to join yours and they can be miserable together ... I've had a 4" nickel Python stolen from a gun shop while I had it on layway ... the dealer gave me the money I had on it towards a used original model 4" Trooper. It was my favorite gun, ever, until I needed money for God-knows-what and sold it and a WWI .45 1911. "Gloom dispair ... agony on me!" My advice is the same as to a junior high boy at a dance - look at the cheerleaders and the rich kids that run everything. Then go find someone just as cute and probably more interesting that's hovering just outside their circle. Let the Pythons and 1911's and SAA's alone and spend a third as much for an Officer's Model Match - REVOLVER, not the newer, shortie .45. Diamondbacks are super but so are Police Positive Specials. Humble, but its a Diamondback without the trim - it'll shoot just as well. Look at an Official Police .38 or .22. It's a Python without the fancy barrel and with humble fixed sights. Don't forget the Colt .22's from the pre-60's ... they're terrific. I think as good as a High Standard, maybe better. I don't like the S&W target .22's, myself. I'm sure there's many of us reading these pages that just adore the .45's and Pythons but would rather eat regularly and still own a few nice pistols!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Join the crowd. I used to tell everyone that life cheated me, I should have been born obnoxiously rich.

Anyway, I'm new to Colt revolvers having owned nothing but S&W. Now that I've finally bought a Colt I want more. I'm trying to figure out which one. That's hard to do when you don't know much about their products.

Joed

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Yea, well when my wife dies, and she doesn't seem to be in any hurry, and I inherit all her money, I'm going to go out and buy every gun I ever wanted. The problem is they are not very much fun to cuddle in bed with at night, especially if they are loaded!
It's all relevent, and we take our pleasures when we can and leave the rest to HIM. Dick

P.S. As the little boy told the little girl "I want, what I want, when I want it!" And the little girl says "You'll get, what I got, when I get it." Patience!

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 09-17-2003).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts