Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out a day after ordering that Colt has switched the SOCOM away from KAC rails and went with Troy rails. Has anyone received one still having the Knights Rail on it or has the change been fully set in place? Since I placed the order Right before store closing last night, I'm hoping there's time to cancel my order, which I will be trying to do as soon as the store opens. I never would have expected that it would be switched out for $150 cheaper rail and they would keep the same retail cost for the gun. Hopefully I caught this in time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just from reading on the internets it seems to be hit and miss right now whether you will get the Troy or KAC rails.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm trying to track down a set of Colt Marked Troy Rails. Does anybody have a set that they want to sell? If so, please PM me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought a new LE6920SOCOM from Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago. The box says 2013 configuration. Mine came with the KAC rails.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a new LE6920SOCOM from Wal-Mart in late November this year. The box says 2013 configuration, as far as I can tell mine has Troy rails the hand covers say
KAC but nothing I can see on my rails say KAC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a new LE6920SOCOM from Wal-Mart in late November this year. The box says 2013 configuration, as far as I can tell mine has Troy rails the hand covers say
KAC but nothing I can see on my rails say KAC.
Now that you mention it, I just assumed mine were Knights since the covers were. I don't know that my rails say KAC either...

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is definitely disappointing...Troy makes good equipment, but the idea of including a $155 rail system instead of a $351 system and keeping the price of the rifle the same is pretty ridiculous. The SOCOM barrel profile is cool and all, but I'll stick with buying standard 6920s and buy my own KAC M4 RAS

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't looked that closely at the rail on mine. Does it have Troy stamped on it somewhere? I will have to check mine when I get home because I am curious now.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I haven't looked that closely at the rail on mine. Does it have Troy stamped on it somewhere? I will have to check mine when I get home because I am curious now.
Good question.

I have two 6940's that are about 2 yrs. old. I'd like to know what rails are on them, where should we look? :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks AMMOTECH. Looks like I got lucky. I didn't even know anything about the rails when I bought it. I am glad it did have the KAC rails.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts