Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold

Hate to sell this, but trying to raise some money.

I have owned 5 of these over the years, and this is by far the nicest one I have come across.

Lots of original bluing left.
All matching serial numbers.
Internals are super clean.
Inside the barrel is basically perfect. Almost mirror like with strong rifling.
Original two tone marked magazine in nearly perfect condition.
MINT original walnut medalian grips. Right grip has two carved nicks (see explanation below)

They just don't come up like this any more.
Has slight wear on the slide and frame just from age, and probably from someone carrying it many years ago. The wear near the front of the barrel looks like very light corrosion but does not feel like it. I believe it is just holster wear. Please see photos in the link at the beginning of this description.

Serial dates it to 1936. Pre WWII.

The person I bought it from bought it directly from the original owner's family and claims that they were a prison guard in the 1920s and then active service in WWII. He claims the family said this gun saved the original owners life two times. There are two nicks hand carved into the right grip that supposedly represent this.

Comes with all original springs, as well as new Wolf springs (currently has the wolf recoil spring installed just to keep pressure off the original).

I fired this gun once at the range. Everything works flawlessly, and it's the most accurate Colt hammerless I have ever shot.

Comes with a custom IWB leather holster.

$900
Plus shipping.

I am in the Raleigh area in NC. If you can meet in person with a chp I would prefer that.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Something came up and I would really like to sell this gun.
If you're interested please make a reasonable offer.
Thanks!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any offers? I have a local offer I will probably be taking.
If you can beat $825 plus shipping it's yours.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sold.
And for anyone interested, there were many comments on this thread with people basically saying I was asking way too much.
I had 7 offers over $800 and ended up selling locally for close to $900.

So I have no idea where those remarks were coming from.
Just information for those in the market or thinking of selling one of these.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts