Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since I just purchased my first Colt revolver since 1978, (see Colt Marshal thread) I was wondering if someone could explain a couple of things for me? As I understand it the Marshal is pretty mush an Official Police. It seems like it's about as beefy as the .357 Trooper MKIII I bought in 78. What are the different frame sizes for Colt DA revolvers? Is this a D? What models are OK with +P ammo? Also the box that came with the Marshal is a dark, pebble like exterior with buff colored interior. It has an end label with the name and model. The serial number is written on the bottom in an orangeish pencil. The same pencil was used to mark BF on the end label which I resume to be "Blue Finish". What type of boxes did Colt use and when? Lastly there is a bore brush, (unsued) with a metal handle in a paper sleeve in the box as well as an unmarked piece of manila colored wax paper. Is the brush correct? What other items should have been included? I'm thinking that since the Marshall is fixed sight that except for a registration/warranty card or maybe a pamphlet there wasn't anything else? Anyway if someone could give this poor excited newbie a few pointers I'd be most grateful. TIA

·
Registered
907 Posts
The twisted wire bore brush in a paper sleeve is correct, as well as the waxed paper. Don't toss them. Colt used different types of enclosures over the years, I believe the correct one for the Marshal would be "Handling the Handgun". Warranty cards were enclosed beginning in 1955. HTH

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I've posted some pics in the Marshal thread. Except for the occasional mouse turd I keep everything that comes with my guns. Actually if they look really old I'll leave the turds in the box too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts