Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
The idea that your vehicle can be attacked because of your beliefs has been growing on campuses over the years. My wife had a Bush sticker on her truck years ago. She was driving past the college, busy sidewalks and such, one afternoon with my young kids with her. Suddenly a rock came out of no-where and hit her 4runner. She didn't slow down or figure out who. I've had rocks thrown at my truck a couple times too. They hit you, you swivel your fighter pilot head around to check six, everyone is sitting in their cars or walking like nothing happened. It's chickenS4it for sure, but what can you do?

The one person throwing a rock has grown into an entire cancel culture and one-sided media (on both sides). There is no discourse, debate, discussion. Just bullying, attacks, riots, burning. Us against Them - either side. Great, isn't it? The best system of government ever known has degenerated to a 3rd world country methodology.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The last thing I worry about is somebody robbing me for my bumper stickers; at home or in my car. They should know that I will be a difficult person to rob if they comprehend the bumper stickers. They can follow me home but only one of us is walking out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Living near Washington D.C., I worry about making myself a target for anti gun police in D.C.. I have heard many stories about cops pulling some one over with gun themed stickers and trying to get them to admit having a gun in the car. Being an old guy with out of state plates make me a target in D.C.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I've seen a few threads lately that were not specifically "firearm" related but, still very much enjoyable, interesting and appropriate for sharing with other members, as many of us have become "friends" of sorts, via the forum. I've been in this quandary myself, wanting to share family accomplishments, travels, etc. The closest we have is the Lounge, which technically shows it's for other firearm collector related topics. I've also used the supporting members only sub forum but, it gets a pathetically low viewership.

So how about one for everything else, forum rules still applying about appropriateness, civility, etc? This is where we get to share our shiny vehicles, hunting, fishing, family successes, favorite smoked brisket's, landscape shots, etc. This also allows those members that only want to view guns/gun info, and not see dead animals/fish, etc, to be able to shield themselves from anything non-gun specific.

I've seen others mention this as well, so I figured I'd throw it out there again. Even if many respond that they'd like to see it as part fo the forum, I'm not convinced the forum owners/mods would add it anyway. They didn't seem that responsive to user input when they went to this new layout either.
Wrong spot to quote this one ? :whistle:

·
Registered
92 Posts
A guy in a Jeep cut off another driver on a four lane near my home. I was offended.

Then I pulled up behind the Jeep and he had numerous pro gun stickers and a pro Trump sticker. I then mentally chastised the other driver for getting in the Jeep's way.

OP. I like your stickers.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Yep, there was a big, 30 year old pickup with straight pipes whipping past everyone 20 MPH over the speed limit yesterday. Passed on a double yellow line. Tailgated the next car in the line by inches, then roared around him too, as we approached an obvious stop sign. A huge American flag the size of his/her truck sticking out of the bed rail holes....proclaiming to the world, I AM that Ugly American!!! I couldn't see from my distance if he had gun stickers on his rear window.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Yep, there was a big, 30 year old pickup with straight pipes whipping past everyone 20 MPH over the speed limit yesterday. Passed on a double yellow line. Tailgated the next car in the line by inches, then roared around him too, as we approached an obvious stop sign. A huge American flag the size of his/her truck sticking out of the bed rail holes....proclaiming to the world, I AM that Ugly American!!! I couldn't see from my distance if he had gun stickers on his rear window.
Are you sure it wasn't a Jeep? Sounds about right.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Jeez , I am a Canadian gun owner/user and when I see pro gun stickers , I always think of when I got My concealed /carry permit in Utah, the first thing the instructor told Us is "You don't advertise that You are carrying" and "You'd better be prepared to use it if needed". Good common sense advice, I think. To each His own though. I'm just wondering what goes through One's mind when You see a pro "gay" sticker in the parking lot

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.