Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help me out if you can folks. I inherited this Colt Woodsman from my Father many years ago upon his passing. I first shot this pistol when I was about 12 years old. I have the box (no paperwork), one original magazine and the plastic arch that can be attached to the back of the grip if preferred. I think I have the right date of manufacture at about 1947 but would like to confirm that (or find the correct date) and although not for sale, I would like to know the approximate value of the pistol and the box. It shoots very well and only has a small amount of honest wear at the muzzle. I would guess finish is at least 85%. Partial serial number is 1154XX-S. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,468 Posts
The chart I looked at shows a DOB of 1952. The box helps the value. The holster wear around the muzzle hurts the value but doesn't look too bad. All in all, a nice 2nd Series Woodsman Sport. I'd guesstimate the value at about $900, maybe a little more. As always, JMHO.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I was thinking it was built in '47 (my birth year) but it was a guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts