Colt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Ha, I just got done seeing that on there about 15 minutes ago. I said to myself, what a horrible looking gun.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I don't think the sides of the hammer are blue I think its the lighting.
Definitely refinished though. The pics are horrible which is another warning sign.
The ejector rod tip looks bright blue to me; a dead give-away of a re-blue.

Reactions: Malysh

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
You mean it's not in "collectors condition"?:confused:

It honestly looks like someone took a can of clear coat aerosol varnish and sprayed the whole gun including the grips. The wood grips seem to have the same coating of stuff as the metal. What in the world did they do it?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Why do you post these trash links that advertises for the site? You can just explain you saw a POS for too much money and leave the advertising out. Please.
Maybe it helps people like me that do not know as much as you, i saw the listing and was interested but like stated above thought maybe it looked reblued or just off somehow. I really appreciate members that can help some of us that dont know exactly what to look for.
And I have met many nice people on armslist locally and done several trades, buys and sales in St. Louis and i appreciate all the help i can get if it is out of my are of expertise.
I have no problem at all with armslist or seeing questions here saying either here is a good deal or here is a scam. I think it helps us all. i just think you should only buy FTF locally from armslist to protect yourself and if you think something is off stay away

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I would have to agree with Gatewayad also. By him pointing out shady pieces, it gets others to respond usually saying the first thing they spot on it that is suspect. After a few posts the whole gun is analyzed and is good information for the less experienced collector. It is actually helpful. How are you suppose to know what he is referring to if he doesn't give the link, and I hardly see him providing a link as "advertising" for the site. No one seems to complain about all the GB links, which are the majority of the shady gun offers.

I hate when people get into it with others on forums. From what I have seen here in a short amount of time on the Colt Forum, is that everyone is very civilized and respectful. It's actually pretty incredible with how civilized and trustworthy this place has been. If you don't care for certain posts or threads, just skip over them, they are not for you then. Doesn't mean that somebody else can't find some use out it. If he is doing something out of line, that is for the admin to decide IMO.

Reactions: gatewayad

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Big G, I have purchased a dozen or more guns from that site without issue, but I use caution and only ftf transaction. You have a big issue with it, I get it, you make that known on multiple threads. Scams are not isolated to that site when it comes to transactions as shown by the member here getting scammed by another "member". Caution with ones money should always be first and foremost with ANY internet transaction regardless of the web address it originates from.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.