Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some times I never know what will show up on our doorstep. This was just sent over and I was quite surprised when I opened the box. While an Officers Model Match is somewhat common one in nickel is not. This was shipped to Klein's in Chicago May 18, 1961. While there may be another one out there another has not been documented by the archives so far. A letter will be incoming soon. Enjoy the photos.

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
I can understand why you took it on. The nickel is immaculate. It appears to be good enough to be factory. I hope your letter bears fruit.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Gotta be a "special order" gun, as nickel was not a factory option for that particular model. The grips also have the correct "oiled" finish for a '60-'61 OMM. Great find, somebody's gonna be VERY happy to add that one to their Post War revolver collection...

Reactions: Jimmy2Dogs

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait to see the letter.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Now if it were only a 22 magnum......but when it isn't yours...you can wish for the moon..LOL

Beautiful pistol.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,307 Posts
In the bygone days, Colt would always try and accommodate the customer's request. Most just bought what was available but a few placed these special orders and they have brought smiles to the faces of us collectors. Finding the unusual is part of the fun of collecting.

Cam.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I want one! Klein’s gun store, huh, and in 1961. Same time period and store where Oswald got his rifle.
They say it was a tough shot...
I have stood there and looked down at the X on the street. I could have made that shot with the OP's nickel OMM.

Thanks for that...the name Klein's was sticking in my head and I couldn't figure out why...would have drove me nuts.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,677 Posts
Great OMM, and a rare model to boot. NICE.

Klein's in Chicago was famous.
They had ads in all the sporting and hunting magazines listing all sorts of surplus guns during the 1950's and 60's post-war wave of surplus guns.
It was drool material for us pre-18 year old kids, with P-38's for $25, Luger's for $35, M1 Rifles and M1 Carbines, and all sorts of cheap surplus rifles and pistols.
Back then that was still a lot of money so few of us could come up with the cash.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Quite a gun for a modern collectible, something that I didn't even know existed. I love all the small details; the non glare Patridge sight blade, the nickel escutcheons, the nickel grip screw and the oil finished grips, the nickel Accro rear sight. Thanks for sharing this with us.

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Great OMM, and a rare model to boot. NICE.

Klein's in Chicago was famous.
They had ads in all the sporting and hunting magazines listing all sorts of surplus guns during the 1950's and 60's post-war wave of surplus guns.
It was drool material for us pre-18 year old kids, with P-38's for $25, Luger's for $35, M1 Rifles and M1 Carbines, and all sorts of cheap surplus rifles and pistols.
Back then that was still a lot of money so few of us could come up with the cash.
I believe Kleins had a lawaway plan......I have a Ruger auto bought on a lawaway plan shipped railway express too....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts