Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a rarity that you certainly don't see everyday! Very few exist
This is a N-S Patented Combination Stock and holster for 22 cal Colt's Auto Pistol, specifically for 1st Model Woodsman and Pre Woodsman only
Made for Colt's PT.F.A.MFG Co. by NEEL and Shaffer, Ventura CA, circa 1925-1932
It was discontinued in 1934 with the passing of the 1934 GCA, making a detachable stock (steel wire frame with sewn over leather..very high quality materials and workmanship) for a pistol illegal. Of course it wasn't illegal until the stock was mated to the pistol. The NFA has since ruled that this N-S stock holster combo is a relic and is once again legal to own. I am an SOT FFL Dealer, anyway. The butt of the pistol grip fits into a metal ring at the end of the 'holster' and secures the pistol to the stock. The reverse of the holster has a metal clip for attaching to a belt for use as a normal holster until such time as the shooter attached the stock to the holster. It provides a surprisingly sturdy and effective 'stock' to steady the pistol.I found it personally interesting and sort of ingenious how the maker canted the steel mounting ring on the holster to perfectly align the sight plain to compensate for the grip angle of the Colt.
Very few were made and very few exist to this day,particularly in this new in box condition, never used,with original box and instructions.
Hope you enjoy this very rare Colt accessory:

My 1925v Colt Pre Woodsman

·
The Consummate Collector
7,510 Posts
Very nice and thanks for posting. I remember trying to buy one that was NIB at a gun show about 20+ years ago. The guy wanted $300 and I thought it was to much so I passed. I have been kicking myself ever since.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts