Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded for this a few days ago. Was rolling the dice, and hoping it was factory done. Well surprize, surprize I was wrong. Oh well, still a nice gun. 1941 FN Hi-Power Nazi marked, their there you just have to look real hard. If you have any info to add or pictures of your own. Please do so.

The engraving on the top of the slide, matches the grips.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Cool gun; I can't see the Nazi markings though; any idea on the history of this gun? Very interesting. Steve

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
I don't understand why you would think it was factory engraved if it was a Nazi occupation P-35? They were made by slave labor and nothing fancy came out of the Browning factory in Herstal, Belgium during WWII. Maybe your thinking was that the gun was sent back to the factory for a custom finish and engraving after the war?

The most logical answer is usually the correct one. It's one of the tens of thousands of guns G.I.s had plated and brought back to the US afer the war ended in the E.T.O. Plating these war bring backs was very popular with our G.I.s

It's very attractive. I hope you enjoy it! :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The chance I took was, if it was done at the factory it would have been done for some one important. I know all they were doing was making war pistols. It was a 1 in a million shot, I got a good deal on it so if I decide to sell it I will get more then my money back.

·
Registered
267 Posts
That is one beautiful Hi-Power. I'd be proud to own that. The grips look like some of the vintage micarta "style" ones that Tyler​ (of T-grip fame) made years ago.

​So how does she shoot?

·
Registered
10,005 Posts
During WWII, the higher the rank in the German Army, the smaller the pistol.

That's where one sees engraving - and almost always on Walthers, when present.

Some high-ranking Generals carried .25 autos in neatly-done flap holsters.

This is just a post-war engraving and chroming - probably done during the Occupation and brought back.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gwozdz, yes it's a 9mm. Sad to say, it has been sold to pay for a paint and hail damage repair for our Sons truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts