Colt Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son is 20 and instead of going out and having a drink on his 21st birthday hes decided to buy a pistol.. i asked if he wanted to shoot some of mine and he gave the nod.. he shot an elk when he was 12 and shot his first deer with his brother last hunting season but doesnt care much about guns.. i pushed a little hard when they were young, but thier hunters and enjoy that..shooting for shooting sake no.. (thats my job i guess, i love to shoot).
but we shot for starters a s and w 3 1/2 inch airweight 22 kit gun, and they liked that.. then a model 60 38 special with stiff loads i keep ready around the house.. then a cimmeron .45 with black powder loads.. then a ruger .44 stainless black powder. we were all haveing a good time and my youngest son put the steel plates away, and i said theres one gun left.. he said ok but we dont need the plates, i said get the plates back out.. im 55 and when in college for 175 dollars i bought a colt .45 national match in about 1969.. its been shot maybe 400 times or so, never been worked on,accuraized or any of that..it has a trigger pull that shooters will die for.. i showed them how it worked fired a clip and showed how easy it was to reload,, this gun has never, i mean never, misfired, hung up, misfed except with a bad clip that was prompty thrown away(only one i can remember..) well we banged them plates all of us very well.. i asked which gun he liked and wanted to get, and he said "ill get the automatic".. a couple seconds later my youngest son said "your not going to sell that are you?" some days are just better than others... dave.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts