Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being relatively new to this great Forum I'm sure this question has been previously answered before, but, what are the best sources for one piece wood stocks/grips for the Colt SAA, particularly suppliers who fit the stocks/grips to the customers gun?.

You guys keep up the great work on this Forum. I learn so much!.

~Jenaro

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
I've actually been wondering this as well, but more specifically if somebody offers true "one piece" wood grips rather than the more common 3 pieces glued together. Just like Colt used to offer way back in the day (and I think the Italians still do).

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I believe you can buy unfinished one-piece grips from Numrich as replacements for Uberti Single Actions, and these can be made to fie Colts.

And, as has been noted, Collinscraft Grips are one-piece style with the glued in spacer.

To be frank, I can't see any difference between one piece and those with the glued middle spacer.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jerry Meacham of North Carolina. Ph# 704-485-3374
I had him do one piece walnut on a 1957 SAA and I was very pleased. He offers the older slim or the later thicker profile, oiled or varnished, and also does ivory. He used to collect SAA's so he's intimately familiar with them.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.