Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up new after looking at several different models. I preferred the balance and feel of this gun and it's the only one I've seen recently. I'll post a range impression tomorrow.

I thinks it's a good "base gun" and eventually I'll probably get some 25LPI checkering on the front strap and maybe a dehorn and black refinish.

Fit is top notch.

Right now, I'm just looking forward to shooting it.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Congrats!

Great shooters.

Shot a charity match with mine this morning, and it was a dream to shoot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shot the commander today. 100 rds of Remington, 230gr ball, in the bulk pack. Cheapest ammo I could find.
1st 7 rounds @ ~30ft offhand, nice group just left of center.

No malfunctions to report, handling was superb and after shooting lightweight .45's for some time, this 4.25" SS pistol shot very softly.

Later double taps and transition from center mass to head shots were very easy.
I have some G10 grips from a TRP that would look good, but the stock grips worked well for grip.

The rear sight is very tight and I was unable to drift it with a hammer and punch. Is this common for this series?

Didn't want to mar the sight up, figure I'll just shoot it some more and see if it settles in.
Anyone in San Antonio have a sight pusher for a 1911 that would like a box o ammo? ;)

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Congratulations on the new Colt. From the pictures, it looks deadly accurate to me. Why mess with it unless you are into Bulls Eye events. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts