Colt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
I tried again and the link worked just fine this time.

Wow!!!

That is one amazing Winchester.

Chambered in 44 RF 'Henry' to boot! ( Which would probably lessen one's time at the Range or whatever I would imagine - not that anyone WOULD shoot it, of course, but, if they wanted to...they'd be paying a comparable premium for scarce, Vintage Ammo, to match the Gun! ).

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
I like ivory anything but especially guns. I also like Nimschke as the best 19th century gun engraver. Looking a Nimschke's and Persinger's work, it probably took all morning to turn out jobs like that.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
I am guessing with Obama's new ivory decree it will soon be illegal sell guns such as these?
Notice, he said nothing about 'Ebony' which is also an 'endangered species', ( and ignores entirely the advocacy of the stevie wonder song about them getting along 'to-geh-thur-in-purr-fect harm-oh-knee' and so on ).

I am suspicious there is some bias going on with this.

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
I know a guy who has, or had, an Ivory stocked model 12. At least I pretty sure is was a mod 12. It's been 20 years since I've seen it. Pretty neat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.