Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,

I have had this Revolver for a number of years now, and have spent hours trying to figure out what it is. I have lurked here for months, and finally came across 1 thread (post # 11) HERE> Did colt make any custom shop Anaconda's that were...

This Revolver is NOT marked CS4, the box tag matches the Serial number, as well as the Model number.
I have been to GB hundreds of times, and see the 8" PDT "VERY RARE" listings from the same Sellers in high polish, but never a 6". The 6" flavors are either plain, ported, or DT, but never see any with both!
My question is, does this fit the bill, or is this a Frankenstein?
Side note, I added the extra grips to the set, and have the rear white outline sights.
Thanks Folks:)
20210504_105626.jpg
IMG_31561.jpg
¹

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Enjoy Our Community Sir... as far as your question, I'll defer it to the experts here.
[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the COLT Forum from the Cradle Of Liberty...Pennsylvania !!

Enjoy Our Community Sir... as far as your question, I'll defer it to the experts here.
Thanks for the Welcome.

·
Registered
10,745 Posts
The "AN" serial number prefix dates from 1998. Any further verification would probably require an Archives letter.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,542 Posts
As above, the only 100% proof-positive of what it is would be to buy a Colt Archive letter.
That's Colt's final word on how a gun was set up when it shipped from the factory.
If any custom work was done the letter will show it. No such detail in the letter, Colt didn't do it and it's aftermarket.

These days boxes are faked, blank or fake labels are available, accessories are faked and bright polish finishes are routinely done after market.
Even Colt Archive letters are faked, so when in doubt, buy your own.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I will offer my opinion. The label is real which makes me believe the porting was done after the gun left Colt for the first time. The model number would be MM3060PDT if it had left with porting. Another thing that makes me confident it was done afterwards is so far I have not seen a Colt ported gun that wasn't an 8". I want to clarify that Colt did sell "factory ported" guns that were farmed out to Magna Port. Those had the slot type port and I have seen factory examples with different barrel lengths. Actual Colt porting was the holes like your example and those I have yet to see them in a 6".... not that they don't exist. The model number is the real give away though. Just my semi-experienced opinion.

·
Registered
10,745 Posts
Here's the difference in porting on Anacondas...the top is the multi-port system done with EDM technology and the lower is the Mag-na-port slots. I've been told the multi-port EDM method is superior but really don't know that for a fact.

Reactions: WheelInTheSky
1 - 9 of 9 Posts