Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I may be off on my estimate; I bought a 1957 3 digit serial numbered NM (first year of reintroducing the NM) for $750. Without a box, manual, etc. it could have sold for $1,500 but the original owner (and he admitted it to the gun shop owner) used a flat tip screwdriver to remove the slide stop...more than once! Other than that and having not been cleaned in a long time, it was in good shape. I've posted before and after (I sent it to Greg Derr to refinish the frame) photos of it previously; no sense to take up more webspace!

More knowledgeable pundits will chime in; but as they say Igor - pictures tell the story. I tried to look at the photos you posted but unless I join the forum I can't see them...

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
I own one of the Colt Gold Cup NM's that is in the box with the picture of a Gold Cup on the front. I just offered it to a friend for $1600.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well, here in MI my ‘58 was just South of $2000. That included the matching box, instructions, fob screwdriver and a 95% or better finish.

91346DB4-D267-4ECE-813A-D8F1820EAE80.jpg

It was “full price” but it was also a birth year gun so I was fine with what I paid since I don’t see these too much...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts