Colt Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Just got home from this TGCA show. Absolutely top-notch to have gone to a gunshow with table after table after table of guns as opposed to candles, jerky, leather purses, knives (nothing wrong with knives...just not what I go to a gunshow for), etc., etc. And oh what guns, so many old SAA's, Winchesters. And I don't recall even seeing any Tupperware (might have been some but I was dazzled by so many Colts I didn't even notice). The RIA rep there let me fondle an original Paterson. I hope they were able to wipe it down well enough before putting it back in the case.

Met many very friendly, very helpful folks who were absolutely ready to impart knowledge in regard what was on their tables, as well as give me an evaluation of a pair of matching Heiser holsters. I was able to meet "sumthin_nu" / Jim from here on the Forum (thanks for the invite to the show) and he was gracious enough to sign my membership application as sponsor. If you like Colts and , and you have the ability, I very much encourage all here to make the journey to their next show. I spoke with several who had driven from a couple states away and it was easy to see why they had. The standard entry fee for non-member is cheap compared to most shows and, for me, the year long membership fee for joining was easy to justify based upon what I saw and the time I had.

I'm looking forward to the October show which is supposed to be even bigger/better.

Oh, I even found a couple items to bring home.
0427191900.jpg Sorry, poor phone photo.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Dallas - We are glad to have had an opportunity to put names with faces of all the forum members that showed. I know I, as well as Jimmy, Sam, Randy and my friend Buddy enjoyed visiting with each of you. Heck, I even turned around in my chair at one point and there was "cottonfarmer" sitting in a chair at the table right behind me!

BTW-Nice finds, Dallas!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I, too, joined the TGCA and went to the show. Met a number of forum members with lost of guns to drool over. I think the free admission to forum members was a great idea and good way to start attracting more interest. The show didn't have the junk of t-shirts, food, jewelry or other stuff. Just a lot of old guns.

I'm still learning about Colts. Most attendees were more than gracious to talk about their guns. Got to handle a Colt Walker. A number of factory engraved 1st gen SAAs also have my fingerprints on them. Jim (sumthin_nu) has been kind enough to help me learn more, introduce me to people and also coordinated breakfast on Saturday. Good times all around. Greg

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts