Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not a Colt, but, Springfield Armory has issued a recall on XDS models in both 9mm and 45ACP, Recall issued on 08/29/13. If you or anyone you know owns one go to their website for information on returning for repair.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
mine went out on the day of the notice

love that little gun

·
Premium Member
20,790 Posts
I've been thinking about a 9mm XDs for the last few weeks and today
I took a hour drive to the LGS to buy one. YIKES, all were sent back
2 days ago I was told. Better now than after I bought one.
Same thing happened last year when I went to buy a Kimber Solo,
they were all sent back for tweaking.

Guess I'll just have to stick to the original pocket pistol, the 1903 Colt Hammerless.:rolleyes:

Reactions: rickb2202

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks SDC, I probably never would've known!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Haven't sent my .45 in yet. Went to Springfield's webpage and apparently they don't even have a "final" fix to the problem but they are working as fast as possible to do something to your firearm. Kind of sounds like our Legislators in D.C.

They hope to have another update around Oct. 7th.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Sent mine in almost four weeks ago. From what I have read, there have been no reports of AD. So how do they know there is a problem? Are they still doing product testing on a gun that has been on the market for a couple of years? Now, I too have read reports that SA doesn't have a fix. They know (think) there is a problem, yet one month after the recall they still don't have a fix. That concerns me. Wonder what the trigger pull and performance of my XDs will be when I finally do get it back. With well north of 500 rounds of ball and JHP, it never missed a beat before it was returned to SA.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Good info, SDC. I believe my son has one of these, too. Am contacting him as soon as I post this. Thanx!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.