Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a Colt forum but I need a little information. I still prefer my Colts but I had a weak moment when I picked this monster pistol up at the shop.
Does anybody own the Big Springfield Operator? I have one and have a few questions.
#1 Do you like it? I love the feel of mine but it's stops there
#2 How accurate? Mine really sucks!!!!
#3 How much would you pay for a used one?
Anyway maybe you can gather the disappointment in the money spent and the shooting enjoyment are not equal by any stretch of the imagination. I own Kimbers and Colts and shoot well with all of them but this is my first and probably last Springfield.
Thanks for letting me vent. I look forward to your responses.

Tim

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nope, don't have any Springfields but you might want to check out 1911forum.com's Springfield section: Springfield or TheHighRoad.com: THR

Both of these probably have more owners of Springfields.

Good luck.

·
Administrator
7,302 Posts
If the shooting performance is the problem , contact Springfield . It has a lifetime warranty . They will make it right and if you request , they'll most likely take care of the shipping . Our experience with Springfield is over many years . Their customer service has never let us down .

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have had a loaded Spingfield 45 for four or five years. The only thing I did to it was have the trigger lightened almost to much.

It is far more accurate than I am, and makes it look like I can shoot far better than I really can.

One day at the range a gent with a fairly new Kimber was at the position next to me, and watched me shoot for awhile. He asked me what gun it was, and I offered it to him to look at. He then asked me if I could tell him ballpark about what I paid for it. At the time it was just under $700.00 out the door. He had paid well over a grand for his Kimber. I then put a clip in my gun, and offered it to him to try. He proceeded to put one ragged hole in a new target. He was obviously a much better shot than I am. He shook his head, and packed up and left.

I have nothing against Kimbers other than the feeling that they are somewhat overpriced for what they are. There are a lot of fine 1911 type autos out there, and some times the name sells the gun.

This is a true story, and also just my opinion. By the way the gun is still so tight it is a pain in the neck to take down.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts