Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am looking to buy an old Colt auto loader. I was wondering if Colt made stainless steel autos back than? I see a lot of nickel and blued but not stainless.

If not, does anybody know the earliest and what model Colt started making stainless autos.

I love love colt and went to start a little collection of some older ones. Thank you all for any help in advance.

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I'll bite. :) What is so great about stainless?
What's not great about it brother! Nice shine, no rust, no bluing or nickle to rub off or chip away, if u get a scratch u can buff it out, if you want a brush finish u can brush it, if u want a high polish u can polish it. And did I say No Rust! (At least not easily).

· Registered
622 Posts
Only thing that could be greater would be if made from pure unobtainium!

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Unobtainium......Ah, YES!........ That super secret Galactic Alloy, discovered in the Ural Mountains of Russia, and mined only at night by Cossacks on horseback with Polo clubs..........

Re: Stainless Colt Model O's...........I recall a conversation with Cal Foster in VT at Caspian Arms in the very early 80's......Cal told me he had just supplied a quantity of cast Stainless receivers and Slides to Colt, when Colt was tooling up, and R & D'ing the Stainless Model O's................

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.