Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just aquired my second colt....A anaconda 44 Mag.,8" bbl.
The gun is in great condition except 4 a small scracth on the frame / Is there a rubbing compound or something to use on stainless steel that might help work this out? / I normally wouldn't even bother...but it stands out like a sore thumb

jdnc

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Or even an Ace hardware. In the tube. If the scratch is a little deep for Flitz and you're so inclined, a light brush with some fine SYNTHETIC steel wool in the same direction as original finish followed by Flitz can be done. Caveat Emptor. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Is the gun a polished or Matt finish ?
If you Flitz that area where the scratch is, plan on flitzing the whole gun. If it was matt finished, it soon will be a polished finish.

Mothers mag polish or Mothers Billett polish does very well.
It all depends on the depth of the scratch.

This gun was a matt finish when I started to remove a scratch.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Jeff, I'd say you got the scratches out! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nice job by the way, looks GREAT!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Thanks Dan.
By the way, at the last gunshow I attended, a gentleman saw my 629 S&W. He said "I sure have a soft spot for nickel plated guns". I said what about stainless ? He said he didn't care much for them.
I said, by the way, the only guns I have in that case are Stainless. He said "You're kidding right ?".
Nope, polished them myself. He just stood there and shook his head. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts