Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I didn't, at those prices why not buy a real one?

Reactions: webley455

·
Registered
82 Posts
Woof!!!! That's a chunk of change!!! Agreed, you could get a very nice Woodsman for that!
But thank you for letting me know it's available!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
421 Posts
I think it's rather expensive even for the European market. ,

Reactions: Maxcustody

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I know USFA was planning on producing a Woodsman replica as well, not sure if any were ever manufactured outside of maybe a few toolroom samples. Knowing that Standard Mfg. bought some USFA tooling and employs some ex-USFA employees it doesn't surprise me that they are offering a Woodman clone.

However, if they have to see them for $900 they are going to have a rough time. A quick look on Gunbroker shows there is no shortage of nice Woodsmans available for around that price.

They should have put their resources towards offering some variations in caliber and features in their Single Action Army model.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
These look like they are based off the Type 2 guns...I wonder if the magazines from Standard will work in the old Colts?

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I just looked at those on their site. They posted this photo of their "Woodsman" in what they're calling their Royal Blue Finish. I can't decide if it's just terrible photography or did they let the shop foreman's five-year-old grandson dab the finish on with a paper towel. And are those scratches on it or what? That pistol looks like crap. Nine-hundred bucks? No. I'd buy a used Ruger first.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I just looked at those on their site. They posted this photo of their "Woodsman" in what they're calling their Royal Blue Finish. I can't decide if it's just terrible photography or did they let the shop foreman's five-year-old grandson dab the finish on with a paper towel. And are those scratches on it or what? That pistol looks like crap. Nine-hundred bucks? No. I'd buy a used Ruger first.
View attachment 734267
View attachment 734269
I agree! Their engraved version looks even worse if that is even possible............................

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Interesting...........Not for me! Looking at the engraved one, I think they could have done a better job with their presentation piece for photos. I don't think it looks very good.
Saying "I don't think it looks very good" wins the trophy for Understatement of the Day. It looks horrible...but the more I look at it I'm really thinking the photograph might make it look even worse than it does in real life. Standard needs to hire a new photographer, because whoever they're using now is clueless when it comes to product photography and post-shoot image processing. This is just wrong.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Whew went and looked at he web site... Agree with many comments above that better photography is needed because if it really looks like that--Oh My. Doubt that they will sell very many. I like the match target version anyway.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts

Well I am glad they are making a "Woodsman" the price is high above my pay grade but I think some people will go for it. I wonder why they don't offer a .44 Special SAA? since Colt does not make them any more. The "royal blue" Standard woodsman looks OK to me. Bad photo work though for sure.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Odd looking trigger on that thing too.

Standard usually does pretty good work - really good work. I have their Model 37 Ithaca type trench gun and it's excellent. Hopefully just a lousy photo and a sample with some oil smears.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts