Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“It has been refinished & I don’t care!!”

So far, it is a category of one..... a Post War Pre Model 30 in .32 S&W Long from circa 1950.

It is an adorable little watch fob!!!

Best,
Charles

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
My dad's old 1915 M1911 that he nickel plated back in the early seventies when it was just an old gun. He inherited it after the death of his grandad and the gun was found in a shoe box, in the top of a closet, still in its GI flap holster. My Delta is in the photo just because this is the only one I could find at work.
20181018_172926.jpg

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Well ... ok!

We can do this.

Smith & Wesson Model 1926 (3rd Model) .44 Special

Shipped to Wolf & Klar in March of 1931. Smith & Wesson factory refinish dating to July of 1974.

It was 43 years old when it was refinished 45 years ago. Third Model of 1926 I've had and I have it for 25 years.

Mongrel Colt Model 1911

Bought this out of a pawn shop for myself as a 21st birthday present in 1978. Refinished by Augusta Arsenal and dogged to death since. I learned about all things 1911 and about .45 ACP reloading on this pistol. Wouldn't take for it.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
It’s been refinished and I absolutely love it, after Greg Derr Magic:

Before the magic:

Now that is a refinish most worthy. What a good eye he had for restoration of a ham-handed polish job. Don't think I've ever before seen a photographic example of such an outstanding surface restoration of less than stellar work.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I had this done on purpose.......

It was a pawn shop/ police seizure refugee and it “letters” as a 5” nickled gun. The barrel was lopped off to 3 1/8” as some point in its’ life. I suspect this was done to take our barrel bulges or some other damage. It is hard to say how many different finishes it has had.

It is a M&P 1905 4th Change in .38 Special that was shipped to a hardware store in New York State in 1919.

Before & After

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts