Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been reading this forum for a couple of years without joining. Last year finally joined. Even then I was slow to join in on the discussions. I am extremely impressed with the members here. Not only some of the best Colt knowledgeable folks but also guns in general. I think I was hesitant to post at times because I accept the fact that I am a novice when it comes to Colt knowledge. But I am learning thanks to this site. Of late, I have been posting more. What the heck. Due to my increased postings, I have been promoted to "Member" dropping the "Junior". That alone made me feel a little wiser. I have read long enough for the members to seem like friends. So many personality types makes it fun. There are times when discussions get a little too heated but that is life. Hopefully there is always mutual respect and the old adage "we can agree to disagree" will rule the day. I appreciate you kind members tolerating my sometimes uneducated questions and mentoring me. I suppose when I reach a 100 posts or whatever the magic number is, I will be called "Senior Member". Look out then, there will be no stopping me with my big head. Thanks...

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Hell, I've got thousands of posts and most of the time I don't know a Colt from a whole in the ground!! So you'll learn alot and don't be afraid to ask. I've learned a lot and I'm still learnin'. There's some very knowlegiable people on here and some real characters too !!!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Glad you decided to chime in quietman. I gave you your first like on this post, now you are on your way to becoming a senior member. Thanks for sharing what you know.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks for posting this quietman. I have felt and thought the same way for over a year...but you have said it far more eloquently than I could have. It is just a wonderful combination of people from all over the world.

I think the area I admire most is the willingness of members to patiently share their experience. Don't know how many posts I've read...that when complete...have asked myself, "how the hell did he know that?" Many members here have devoted 4 to 5 decades in pursuit of this knowledge. I would like to think I could be that unselfish if I were in their position.

So if you don't mind, I'll add another THANKS....

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all and thanks keystonearms for my 1st Like. I am so cautious of posting something goofy here yet I seem to be a constant goof in life. Mswill, you are correct in the surprise responses some experts give. One day this week someone posted a new purchase that had a holster that he had not heard of. Within moments a gent responded with the address and years the maker was in business and it was 70-80 years old. It did not take him hours to come up with the reply, I'm talking moments. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Gentlemen: Don't forget that the knowledge is gained by asking questions. If you don't ask that stupid question, than none of us will learn some interesting facts about Colt guns. Some of the best discussions here were started with what seemed like a silly question..Keep them comming...Jim

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I had been reading this forum for a couple of years without joining. Last year finally joined. Even then I was slow to join in on the discussions. I am extremely impressed with the members here. Not only some of the best Colt knowledgeable folks but also guns in general. I think I was hesitant to post at times because I accept the fact that I am a novice when it comes to Colt knowledge. But I am learning thanks to this site. Of late, I have been posting more. What the heck. Due to my increased postings, I have been promoted to "Member" dropping the "Junior". That alone made me feel a little wiser. I have read long enough for the members to seem like friends. So many personality types makes it fun. There are times when discussions get a little too heated but that is life. Hopefully there is always mutual respect and the old adage "we can agree to disagree" will rule the day. I appreciate you kind members tolerating my sometimes uneducated questions and mentoring me. I suppose when I reach a 100 posts or whatever the magic number is, I will be called "Senior Member". Look out then, there will be no stopping me with my big head. Thanks...
Some of the most expert members have made goofs, not even counting members like myself who are below them in expertise. It's nothing to worry about :) Look at it this way, if one has a misconception about Colts and it's voiced and corrected, he or she learned something. It's better to learn than to be right all the time!

If they haven't censured me, then you have nothing to worry about :rolleyes:
It's good to read you are enjoying your experiences here. We have a great bunch.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Remember quietman that we were all once newbies.The only real stupid question is one you don't ask.I learn new things here all the time and people are knowlegeable and patient.I have also made some great friends along the way.Welcome to our merry band......Mike

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
What a refreshing post; glad you stated how you feel. This really is the nicest place I know of to call it home and you are surely among friends here.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I also felt strange when I became a full member, when I hit 100 and became a senior member I wondered how they could have made such a mistake? I am still as dumb as I was when I first found this forum, even though I have learned at least three times more than I knew when I first came on here.
This place is like home for me, even if the last pistol I bought was a Ruger:bang_wall:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Being a relitive new member here but not to many other forums, this forum can only be refered to as what other forums hope to be. The chemistry of the personality blended with the depth of knowledge seasoned with outstanding character of the members brings the forum to a higher existence. Plus the dedication to the hobby and brand loyalty amplifies all the positive aspects. That being said I like the little hearts and the pretty pictures too.. LOL Truman

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would have been shocked to receive anything but supporting comments. I too am a member of other forums but none do I read daily but this one. I currently own 11 Colts, autos and revolvers. This forum has prompted my desire to focus on purchasing more Colts. Thanks to all for the positive comments.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Quietman,
We all are "novices" about one thing or another here on the Colt forum. What is great is that we all learn together here and the members that share their knowledge all do it graciously and freely. The relationships that are cultivated here really amaze me, because most of us here never have met the other members in person before. But, I have friends here that I truly enjoy communicating with either by posts here, or emails, and of course the phone. It is the only forum that I belong to that I look forward to signing on each day. I read pretty much all the posts, and occasionally I actually know something about what is being discussed. Most times I am the one either asking the question or learning from the answers. Either way you have come to an outstanding place, enjoy your time here, ask as many questions as you like, you will make friends and learn so much about guns and so much more. Have a great day and a better tomorrow. Peace.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
After a little more than a year here I've learned one thing for sure. I've got alot to learn....But the folks here are always willing to help and educate without the usual look down the nose attitude so often found elsewhere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts