Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Several years ago, after reading and article in American Handgunner about legendary master python gunsmiths, I sent my Python to Reeves Jungkind in Texas to perform an action job.

His work was spectacular. That Python is my pride and joy.

I recently tried to re-contact Reeves to have him perform his work an another of my Python, but his number was disconnected.

I am worried that he may be around any more /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif ?

Has anyone else heard of him or know if he is still performing work on Pythons ?

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Dfariswheel referred to Reeves Jungkind briefly in an earlier topic title "Pythonizing a Diamondback". The mention was something like "unfortunately he has probably retired by now or at least stopped working on anything but Pythons a long time ago". I know that doesn't help, but just wanted you to know that someone was familiar and you may get a more helpful response.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here is a link to a thread over at Pistolsmith with a name and address but I seem to remember this as being familiar from about 4 to 5 years ago when I had a Python tuned:

http://www.pistolsmith.com/viewtopic.php?t=26369&sid=201278d7a58b27a967852a8aff216aea

Aside from him the only "masters" still working on Pythons that of which I am aware are Cylinder & Slide and Walt Sherman. Walt is at:

5846 Tea Rose Trail
Tallahassee, FL 32311
904-878-9563

Two others that pop into mind are

Wessinger Custom Guns and Engraving
268 Limestone Rd; Chapin, SC 29036

and

Alan Tanaka
17924 S. Hobart; Gardena, CA
310-327-2721

Wessinger offers master tunes on Pythons. Tanaka May still be offering tunes. He is more noted for his S&W tunes. My only personal experience is with Walt Sherman.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts