Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I can't get the link to come up. How much is it? There's a fully engraved, cased, 6" .22 in a local gunshop here on consignment for $1600. Just wondering if that's in the ballpark of a good price.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
If the full engraving is factory or by a reputable engraver, it alone is worth much more than the $1600 and you get the Diamondback free.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
You can't get the link to come up because the GunsAmerica site is down. I think it is $795 or so? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yep..$795 and the same guy has a nickel brother for just $695 that looks in pretty good shape.I got onto his website and not all his guns are so cheap though.I'm sure the engraver isn't well known and for sure not a factory engraved pistola,although it don't look too bad in the picture,for the money.As of 11/11 and 3:30pm GA is down for some reason.
Joe

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yea I think they are pretty much in line with what the going price is on most of his guns.Everyone knows when dealing with used guns you pay too much for one gun and have to pass it on,and some you actually steal the gun.I bet he got a good price on the Diamondbacks,and just passing the saveings on.His shipping isn't too bad either,and he has layaway for those that have trouble getting funds today.
Joe

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I always wanted a engraved Colt so this morning I purchased the gun. It's not from a well known engraver but who knows what his future will bring. If he (or she) becomes a well known engraver, the work by the artist will skyrocket. It's a 2nd year production.

PS> I've not turned into a snake fan. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The gun just happened to be a snake.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Cool...I always wanted an engraved gun.You got to shoot some closeups of the gun so we can see what we missed out on.I love engraved guns,nickel guns,target guns,,etc.I just hate them Smith & Wesson Zippo lighters.

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
To me, if it is not factory engraving, it has no value and reduces the value of the gun to shooter status. The odds of the Mexican engraver becoming "famous" seem very small to me.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
PS> I've not turned into a snake fan. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The gun just happened to be a snake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that's a hell of a lousy excuse! You better come up with something a bit less obvious!
I'm willing to bet a six-pack of Heineken that this will not be your first and last! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[ QUOTE ]
To me, if it is not factory engraving, it has no value and reduces the value of the gun to shooter status.

[/ QUOTE ]

Judge, I couldn't agree more. I couldn't turn this one down as I paid for a "shooting status" gun and the engraving was no extra cost. Mexican or not, engraving is art.

I hope someday I can get into a Glahn engraved gun. My wifes maiden name is Glahn and think that would be cool to have one of his arts in the collection.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to bet a six-pack of Heineken that this will not be your first and last! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Smokin', There are only 2 snakes that will ever have my interest. That's a authentic boxed 3" Python combat or a boxed 2 digit serial Python.

·
Registered
345 Posts
what about a pair of snake eyes if you could get them at the not inflated price,includeing the display of course,as the one that was on GB this last week.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[ QUOTE ]
what about a pair of snake eyes if you could get them at the not inflated price,includeing the display of course,as the one that was on GB this last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, are you going to hook me up? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
I just might.I don't know how my finances will be when this dealer in Arkansas gets together this collection,,which by the way I need to contact him.I'd rather you get the guns then anyone else.Sometimes buying big collections dont happen overnight.Not me,,him,I only buy 1 or 2 at a time.This is the guy who is trying to get the 40 or so Pythons I met at the Tulsa show.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
And the snake venom is slowly but surely doing it's work...

Good luck at the hunt mates! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 20 of 20 Posts