Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just want to mention the retirement of Steve Kamyk this week after 43 years engraving at Colt , much of it as a Master Engraver .He's very well known to many of us who own and admire his work ,and of course through his work on some of the most well known Colts built over the last 40 years. I'd sure like to wish him a very happy retirement ..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Here is to hoping Mr. Kamyk has the type of retirement he has always hoped for! A friend and I were discussing this morning about how it seems that right now there seems to be a great exodus of talent within our hobby. Gunsmiths like Jim Stroh retiring, others like Hamilton Bowen, David Clements and Alan Harton reducing their offerings and services and even service providers like Robar and Weigland preparing to or already having closed their doors due to retirements. It is sad that many of these craftsmen were not able to find a next generation to learn the craft, the business and the customer service skills to continue on. With each such announcement the emotional worth of the few pieces I own goes up in my eyes.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Wish him the best in his retirement.

"It is sad that many of these craftsmen were not able to find a next generation to learn the craft, the business and the customer service skills to continue on. "

Very sad and so true.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Great video - talented guy, not full of himself, and wise enough to know there's some luck involved in being a success as well as hard work.

Unique for a gun-related video in my limited experience, no one is shouting at you. :)

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Ug beat me to quoting Rb's comment. But it is spot on. And every day that goes recently just proves it, sadly, more accurate.

It is sad that many of these craftsmen were not able to find a next generation to learn the craft, the business and the customer service skills to continue on.
Our best wishes to Mr. Kamyk from another admirer of his long line of firearm's art work.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
very nice video , he looks to young to retire ! Sounds like a great and humble man.

Thanks for sharing.

Craig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts