Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steven P. Fjestad, publisher of the "Blue Book of Gun Values", died of cancer at his home in MN on July 15, 2019, 3 days before his 69th birthday. R.I.P.

·
Premium Member
6,451 Posts
Hope he rests in peace, and condolences to his family. Mr. Fjestad left some big shoes to fill.

·
Premium Member
18,943 Posts
His Blue Book became "The Bible" for just about every gun collector and dealer. At the LGS, no gun is ever purchased without them checking the Blue Book to verify it authenticity and value. RIP!

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Isn’t that the truth about the blue book Saintclair! Since I was a kid, me riding with my grandpa gun trading all over, the blue book was always pulled out to verify everything for information. Most had one several years old to negotiate with too lol. Paying 90% of value of a 10 year old blue book For a 97% gun most of the time equals a home run. Then after spending a hour with it at home and the bluing kit, it was very near a 100 percenter and a bases clearing one lol. Not saying I agreed with these practices because I STRONGLY oppose them (a nod to God as I say this, thanking him for his mercy and grace given to me). I’m just saying I’ve saw some stuff and told much much more. Reckon I always looked a bit out of place, a youngster sitting around with old men, but that’s where all the knowledge was and they were mostly more than happy to share. Looking back, I believe some of them just liked to see if they could get one over on the other, many of them already “had enough money to burn a wet mule” in the middle of the lake. Guess I got off topic with the stroll down memory lane. Good men and good times.

Mr. Fjestad was a Giant in the gun world and May have very well contributed to our hobby more than anyone who wasn’t a gun engineer and/or a manufacturer. Never met the man, think my father may have, but I’m saddened as he almost seems like family with as much time as I’ve spent carrying his books around. I always said and still do, if I can only have one gun book, it’s the Blue Book of Gun values. Actually I can only think of one book period I’d pick over it and that’s a King James Bible:). Mr. Fjedstad will be missed but his books will carry on a every local gun show, gun shop, and swap meet. Hope there is someone of integrity to take his place.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
RIP, always quick reference material until you specialize in certain models, then buy the Wilkerson, Brunner dedicated books.

Craig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts