Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock 2.5\" Diamondback

I know they made them but does anybody have one in .38 or .22 LR ? ? ?

They were made in Blue and Nickel according to the book!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Re: Stock 2.5\" Diamondback

Seartripper, to finish the answer, yes they also made them in 22LR, but they are getting scarcer than hen's teeth to find a decent one. It makes for a good reason to search for one though. The fun is in the quest. I challenge anyone to show me one in 22LR 2 1/2" nickel.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 06-15-2004).]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well, WD, Congrats on that 2.5" .38 Spl DB in blue!!! But like DB68, I sure think those .22 DBs in nickel would be what I would love to have ! ! !

You're right, DB, the fun is in the quest (or the FIND as the case may be ! ! !

WD, what would you say the value is of a 98% with box and papers, etc on a 2.5" blue .38 ? ? ?

[This message has been edited by Seartripper (edited 06-15-2004).]

·
Registered
46 Posts

Seartripper, I just picked up my second one for 600.00 NIB with all the papers. The box was in very good shape also. Ser #D649xx. It is beautiful...Yes I would like to add the nickel to my collection, however finding one is the real problem.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Hey! wd357 what gives here? I live just a little southeast of you. Where are you finding all these nice NIB Diamondbacks, that's supposed to be my game.
Anyway, congrats on your find! That's an excellent price for a 2 1/2". In case you don't have a book, that serial number dates to 1975.
Your right finding one in 38SPL 2 1/2" nickel will be a real challenge and finding one in 22LR will be impossible.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts